ATLAS Hack Terms & Conditions
Please review the Terms and Conditions before signing up for ATLAS Hack Smart Retail Hackathon. By signing up to join this virtual hackathon, it is considered that you have read, understood and explicitly agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- All participants must be 18 years old and above, and the event is open to both Malaysians and non-Malaysians, with a valid Malaysian PR or work/student permit.
- This is a team-based competition. Each team must have 3 members; with at least 1 coder or hardware hacker, to build a working software or hardware prototype.
- Interested teams are required to sign-up online via jomhack.com/atlasthack-register/ before 1st March 2021.
- All successful registrations will receive an e-mail confirmation within 3 working days after signing up. We reserve the right to reject your registration to participate in this hackathon for any reasons whatsoever at our sole and absolute discretion.
- This hackathon is limited to only 50 teams, on a first come first serve basis, so register early in order to not miss out.
- Employees of the Organiser, ATLAS (including its affiliated and related companies) and their immediate family members (spouse, children, parents, siblings, etc) are ineligible to join this hackathon.
- All participants will be required to attend the Virtual Hackathon between the 5th to 7th of March 2021, which will begin with a Kickoff Briefing at 9.00am.
- All teams must start hacking/coding fresh during the hackathon. You’re not allowed to pre-code anything or work on existing projects. You’re allowed to work with open source resources that are publicly available.
- You’re allowed to develop your solution in any programming language or framework, whether on mobile or web platforms.
- The entire hackathon will be facilitated via our virtual event platform. All teams will receive mentorship and guidance from the organisers virtually to enable them to complete their projects and submit the final work within the due date.
- All projects must be completed and submitted to us for the 1st round of evaluation on or before 12pm on 7th March 2021. Your online submission shall include 3 items; an introduction video of the team, the software prototype (if you have a hardware component, you are not required to submit it unless requested by the judges) developed for the purpose of this hackathon and a screen capture or video to demo how the prototype works.
- The Panel of Judges for Round 1 will shortlist the top 10 teams who will be given the opportunity to further enhance their projects based on the feedback provided.
- The top 10 teams will be invited to demonstrate their projects to the Grand Judges at the ATLAS Hack 2021 Finals on the 13th of March 2021 at a venue in Kuala Lumpur (to be confirmed) for the final evaluation and announcement of winners. This is subject to COVID-19 regulations and SOPs set by the government of Malaysia, and may be converted into a fully Virtual event if necessary.
- The top 10 teams will be required to arrange for their own transport for the Finals and bring their own laptop and any other equipment that may be required for the presentation.
- Winners may be subjected to a code-review during or after the event if there are any disputes.
- The judges’ decision is final and no communication in this regard shall be entertained.
- Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture or partnership relationship between you or your team and the organiser.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a cash prize of Ringgit Malaysia Ten Thousand (RM10,000), AtlasHack Trophies & Winners Certificates.
- The 1st Runner-up winner will receive a cash prize of Ringgit Malaysia Five Thousand (RM5,000), AtlasHack Trophies & Winners Certificates.
- The 2nd Runner-up winner will receive a cash prize of Ringgit Malaysia Two Thousand Five Hundred (RM2,500), AtlasHack Trophies & Winners Certificates.
- Teams 4th - 10th will receive a Coosolation Prize of Ringgit Malaysia Three Hundred (RM300) each & Winners Certificates.
- 3 Teams will be awarded a special Bounty Prize of Ringgit Malaysia Two Thousand (RM2,000) each.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You hereby confirm and agree that all work presented during the Hackathon is original work and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third-party patents, copyrights or trademarks.
- All Intellectual Property rights to the designs and codes of the app/prototype developed at this hackathon are wholly owned by the teams, but you will grant the organiser the first right of refusal to acquire the intellectual property right, title and interest to the app/prototype presented at the Finals in the event you wish to transfer in whole or in part, such right, title and interest at any point in time.
- You undertake to indemnify the organiser against all costs, expenses, charges, demands, claims, actions, losses and damages which the organiser may suffer or sustain as a result of any claim that your project or working prototype is illegally obtained or unauthorized, or that any third party’s intellectual property rights or proprietary rights have been infringed.
- By participating in this hackathon, you consent to the organiser processing and storing your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA 2010”).
- The organiser may share, disseminate or distribute any of your personal data without consent if required to do so under any applicable law, court ruling or administrative body of competent jurisdiction.
- You acknowledge that you may be screen captured, photographed and filmed during this hackathon. You agree and consent that any images or videos taken during the hackathon will be used by the organiser to promote this event, any future events, in press releases, printed publicity and across all digital marketing platforms.
CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT
- We further reserve the rights to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any actual and anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulations or or any other event outside of the Organiser’s control.
- You agree to access this website at regular intervals to view the terms and conditions and ensure to be kept up-to-date on any change or variation to this document.
- For the avoidance of doubt, you are not entitled to any claim or compensation against the organiser for any or all losses or damages suffered or incurred whether directly or indirectly, as a result of any postponement or cancellation of the event.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- In the event that you suffer any direct loss, damage or liability during the event as a result of the organiser’s breach, negligence or failure to perform any of its obligations, the organiser’s aggregate liability to you shall not exceed the sum of RM200, regardless of the number of claims. The organiser shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damage of any nature whatsoever, including but without limitation to loss of profits and expectation loss.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions or at any time without prior notice. In the event that any changes are made, the revised terms and conditions shall be posted on this website immediately. Please check the latest information posted herein to inform yourself of any changes.
- For any further enquiries, please contact us at facebook.com/jomhackmy/ or e-mail us at [email protected]
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Malaysia.
- This event is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- You are solely liable for any costs including expenses and taxes associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prizes.